Friday 30 October 2009

Happy Halloween Weekend




The pumpkin is ready for carving later on, we usually leave it next to our front door lit with tea lights. The chrysanths are out in force in the garden in lovely autumnal shades. Amongst all the oranges and golds there are still a few remnants of summer, the odd pink rose and other tiny splashes of pink.


Earlier in the week I spotted this old wicker sewing basket in my local charity shop. I didn't have time to inspect it too closely so took a gamble and brought it home. I was amazed to find it crammed full of buttons, needle cases, old wooden bobbins, scissors, zips and numerous other things some of which I have yet to identify !
I have a day off today so will be preparing for tomorrow's Bicycle Basket Bazaar and next Saturday's vintage fair, so much to do and I really feel like putting my feet up and having a day relaxing with my lovely girl !

4 comments:

MelMel said...

Have a fun filled weekend...all looks very spook-tastic!xxx

Unknown said...

What a lovely sewing basket! Jam packed with delicious goodies! Suzie x

Thedarkerside73 said...

Love the pumkin and the flowers. Great find with the sewing box, must of been like looking through a treasure box!

Hope you have a lovely weekend and good luck with your fairs. Hope you get some time with your lovely girl too.



MBBx

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Great find Ann, a veritable treasure trove of sewing goodies. Love the Chrysanthamums.