Saturday 10 October 2009

Autumn Garden Sale





Well it's been a difficult week at work and to get up this morning to lovely Autumn sunshine and the prospect of Julie's garden sale was a real boost. Julie has a stall at the local collectors fair selling vintage jewellery and over the years Deb and I have been regular customers. She had told us about the garden sale she was holding with her neighbour to clear out some of their clutter. I knew that Julie's clutter would actually be more like treasure so I headed off with a large bag at the ready. I got there just ahead of my friend Deb so had a bit of an unfair advantage although there was plenty left when she arrived. Some of the things are destined for my Etsy shop whilst some will be put aside for the vintage fair and the rest I won't want to part with and they will be found a home amongst my already cluttered shelves. I particularly like the wooden crinoline lady dressing table set and the lovely flowery hankerchief box as well as the painted glass vase.The best bit is getting home and spreading it all out to admire properly.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well! There is certainly a trove of treasure there! I love the dressing table set too, so unusual! Suzie. xxx

Unknown said...

I'm so in love with the pumpkin teapot set!! I just saw a whole set of pumpkin dinnerware on an american blog and was swoonin!!
Annie x

Sal said...

Hi there Annie!
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog when I was ill...very much appreciated!
Love,Sal ;-)