Thursday 5 November 2009

A Woman's Best Friend



This gorgeous calendar from 1954 arrived in the post today. It comes from Jayne's shop at country cottage chic and is even lovelier than in the photos .

My real life best friend 'Josh' has been struggling with the fire works the last few days so we have resorted to the old 'tight T shirt trick'. We heard about this a few months ago and it really seems to work for dogs frightened by fireworks. It seems to calm them in the same way as swaddling a baby. Today he is modeling another T shirt found in the bottom of my daughter's wardrobe, very Rock-n-Roll .
Today was the antiques market on the market square, there were a fair few stalls considering the weather was horrible. I seemed to find things with a pink and green theme which I love as a colour combination. This Paragon cup and saucer is very pretty.

I really like these bark cloth curtains with their original pelmet , the photos don't really show the lovely shade of green. I am not sure what to do with these yet, maybe cushion covers ?


This pair of hand worked nautical pictures are lovely.

Tomorrow is going to be very hectic. I have the day off work and will be spending the whole day on last minute preparations for Saturday's Vintage Fair here in Northampton. Fingers crossed the weather will be kind to us.








7 comments:

Country Cottage Chic said...

I'm so pleased you are happy with the sweet calendar!

I was watching a piece on TV where they recommended the t-shirt trick for dogs - it's interesting to hear from you that it works. Luckily we are quite isolated here so any fireworks are quite far away & loud bangs don't seem to bother Lucy, our Springer ,(must be in the genes!)& Toby is happy if he has a lap to sit on.

Pretty finds too!

Jayne

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

I just don't believe it I saw those curtains at Towcester last Friday and thought they would go well in the dining room of the new house but Del said no. They really are lovely so much nicer in the flesh. Good taste that woman has....
Debbie

Andi's English Attic said...

I love that cup. I get drawn to china like that, and the photo on the calendar? Well, I loooove airdales, so particularly liked that photo. xx

Unknown said...

Isn't that dog just so cute, and the calendar one too! What a brilliant idea about the tshirt. We have three dogs. Two of them not too bad, but one!!!! suzie. xx

Thedarkerside73 said...

What a lovely calender, no wonder you fell in love with it.

I absolutley love that teacup and saucer, its quite unusual, I love the black in it as well as the green and pink.

Lovely fabrics too, its fun thinking about how to reuse old things isnt it.

Good luck with the fair.


MBBx

Pennyblossoms said...

Hiya! A newbie here-Zoe from Pennyblossoms. Just to say, well,lots really. A huge GOOD LUCK for the fair tomorrow, I can't wait! The antiques fair in the market was good, wasn't it? I had a chat with one of the traders and she said the stallholders were pleased with the turnout so let's hope we get some more fairs in 2010. I bought a couple of sets of small spoons, no piccies yet:actually not much on my blog at all! I will get to remedy this. And a HUGE thank you about the post on the bicycle bazaar last week-I read it mid-day and got there later on. Bought a little cupcake brooch from the bike next to you I think. Gosh, all that homemade produce. Yum! Will try and say 'hi' tomorrow but I'm sure we'll cross paths at some time.
Zx

Thecraftytrundler said...

Love your dog!!! This is not the best time of year for pets is it?
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow, I will ring my friend to get directions, as I dont know that area too well.I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Sharon XX

P.s Forgot to tell you, but I got a poster put up IN Rushden Library, one in Wellingborough, and 3 in Earls Barton. Actually the libraries don't put them up, but put them in their local events books, so hope it helps!