Thursday, 3 September 2009

Happy Birthday







Today was the Birthday of my good friend Deb of 'Home Thoughts From Vintage Wants' and also of Annie from 'Birdcages and Butterflies' , so many happy returns to both of you. I hope you have both had a lovely day, I know Deb has been at work all day but is off out this evening for a very nice meal. I also thought I would share some pictures of a few of my recent finds. I had every intention of putting them by for the vintage fair but the little tin is definitely staying and has already found a home on my kitchen dresser as has the flapper perfume bottle. The barbola mirror is very pretty with no damage apart from a split in the plasterwork and the boudoir doll with a felt face reminds me a little of the one in the window of Liberty which I showed in my last post. I often buy things for my Etsy shop or website and then live with them for a little while and find I don't want to part with them ! I guess that's the problem with always buying things that I like myself.





7 comments:

susan said...

Good Luck with your vintage fair the advert is sooo cute Wish I could come A little too far! I'm holding one in spring in Somerset they are such fun.
Susan

Mummy Boo Bear said...

That mirror and tin are definately gorgeous. It must be a bit of an occupational hazzard, buying pretties then not wanting to part with them. My house would be full too with such lovely stuff. lol.

MBBx

Florence and Mary said...

I don't think I could part with any of these things!!!

Victoria xx

Annie x said...

Oh Thanks so much for my Birthday wishes hunny!!
Thanks for thinking of me xx
Cant wait to meet you and my new blogging friends
Annie x

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes and my lovely pressies they are going to take pride of place in my work room.
The tin is to die for - just so cute. You really do need to put it on the vintage fair (just put it to one side with my name on......)

Felicity said...

lovely finds, i couldnt part with any of them!! fliss xx

Itch2stitch.com said...

What a lovely blog you have, I am following now. Im glad I found it! Pop and visit me when you can! Suzie. :)