Sunday 4 March 2012

Spring Has Not Sprung !

I really thought Spring was on it's way but the weather here today is miserable, wet and cold and I hear snow is on it's way again ! Yesterday I was out and about helping Mr C deliver last minute flyers for next Saturday's Northampton Vintage Fair. I found a few vintage treasures when we popped in to a couple of local fairs to catch up with friends. I love this cute 1930s chalk ware lamb, just right to display with pretty Spring flowers.

I have been trying out different containers to plant my favourite hyacinths.

I received these lovely flowers from friends at work along with some other generous gifts as I started a new job last Monday.

Mr C found these old Esso maps and I love the pictures on the front,

as well as inside.

Other finds yesterday included this cute knitted tea cosy, sorbet coloured pyrex ramekins

and a couple of coronation tins.

Mr C has been very busy painting pieces of furniture to take to the unit at Brackley Antique Cellar. The house always seems to be full of half painted pieces of furniture and other projects. I keep thinking that one day we might get back to having a 'normal' house but I am not sure that will ever happen.













9 comments:

Jenny at Red House said...

wow! love those maps , do you remember when people went on touring holidays in their car ? as if you would choose to drive on a motorway these days? jennyx

June said...

Lovely old maps and love those ramekins!
June

Hesta Nesta said...

Lovely finds Anne, love the tea cosy and the maps. Yes the weather here is awful and we have just driven back from Manchester and it was sleeting in Stoke on Trent as we drove through!! Have a great week.
Jo xx

vintage mum said...

The Spring weather seems to have sprung. Lovely teacosy just right for this weather :)
Cate x

Unknown said...

Love those ramekins! I also like the old marmalade pot with the bulbs in.... I have just started picking up some of these old jars and I love your idea of planting them up. I've recently picked up a couple from Brackley - wonder if it was your patch?!

So looking forward to the fair at the weekend and am saving all my pennies!

Nicki x

Unknown said...

Love those ramekins! I also like the old marmalade pot with the bulbs in.... I have just started picking up some of these old jars and I love your idea of planting them up. I've recently picked up a couple from Brackley - wonder if it was your patch?!

So looking forward to the fair at the weekend and am saving all my pennies!

Nicki x

Unknown said...

Great finds. Love that jug with the flowers on it its very pretty.dee x

Aunt Jane's Attic said...

What great finds you have, love the maps and the little sweet lamb, its not been bad here in Dorset. Julie xxx

melanie said...

Oh wow! look at all your pretty finds! I love the maps (wouldn't it be wonderful if they still made maps like that now) and the tea cosy, so lovely :) xxx