Friday 15 July 2011

Catch Up Part 1

As I explained in my last post, life has been very busy this last month or so and I have struggled to find time to think about blogging. I have still been trying to keep up with all the lovely blogs I follow but apologies if I haven't had time to leave a comment. Hopefully things will settle down again now for a week or two.

A few weeks ago my lovely girl and I had one of our little trips to London and decided to watch Trooping of the Colour. It was a truly colourful and exciting experience with us being really close to the gates of Buckingham Palace. We had a great views of all the Royals as they came past and the bands and horses were amazing. This was Kate and William's first public appearance since their wedding so the crowd was really excited.




This isn't a very good picture of the balcony , the ones my lovely girl took were far better, probably because she is loads taller than me !

I have managed to squeeze in one or two boot sales and amongst my finds were the pretty crinoline lady tea pot, the Lotto game and rose pyrex dishes.

I also found this Lizzie Long Legs doll and the Noddy tin.

This large Asiatic Pheasants plate is beautifully faded

and I found yet more crocheted blankets.

This was a wonderful find in a local charity shop. I spotted it in the window after the shop was closed so despatched Mr C to wait on the doorstep the following morning when the shop opened. It is a very large and beautiful barbola plaque in the prettiest blue.

I treated myself to these to add to my collection, they came from a friend who had them displayed in her kitchen but finally agreed to sell them to me. They are a pair of Goebels salt and pepper pots and just the sort of things I love.


Mr C found me yet another little cupboard which he painted and repaired. It is now just waiting to be filled with more little bits and pieces , I am sure that won't take long !

Finally I must mention the wonderful fair we attended near Warwick organised by the lovely Amy of Blighty Boutique and her mum Annie. We had a great day and had the chance to catch up with friends as well as meet some lovely new sellers and customers.

I will be back over the weekend with my update part 2 with some photos of our Vintage Fair in Olney last weekend and some more of my vintage finds.

7 comments:

harmony and rosie said...

Looks like you had a special time in London, your girl has done a grand job with the photography. Lovely finds, as ever, particularly that pretty plaque. I must say, Mr C seems a very handy chap to have around, lucky you!
x

Amanda said...

The cupboard looks great, a good excuse to fill it up!

polkadotpeticoat said...

you found some amazing treasures....

Thecraftytrundler said...

Lovely post, and gorgeous finds. I know what you mean about finding time to blog!! Really enjoy it when you do : )
Congratulate Trevor on the cupboard!!

Sharon xx

Ava said...

Fell in love with your blog at first sight , love those salt and pepper shakers, now following xx Ava

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Love the pics of all pageantry, so British LOVE IT! I used to live in a beautiful white house in Olney when I was a tiny wee!

Sarah x

Pennyblossoms said...

Gosh, those Trooping the Colour photos bring back memories. Me and my mum did the same thing, when I was still in single figures! Then a walk around St James Park and then lunch in a little Italian cafe near Trafalgar Square. Happy days!
Z xx