Sunday 28 November 2010

On My Travels

The little mohair dog on the right is my latest addition to my collection, he was in the bottom of a mixed box of junk at our local auction.

The last couple of weeks have been really hectic so not much time for blogging or reading all my favourite blogs. I have been busy helping Mr C source new stock for our stall at Brackley Antiques Cellar as well as having a few days out with my lovely girl and of course working full time too. We have managed to fit in a trip to see Calendar Girls with my mum which was good fun and a shopping trip to Birmingham.My lovely girl wanted to check out the new Forever 21 shop just opened in the Bullring having loved it when we were in New York last December. I didn't object too much as it was a good excuse to go to Cath Kidston in Selfridges.

I bought some Christmas goodies including a Christmas stocking and Christmas tea towel in a tin not in the photo. The paper chains are really sweet , I just have to make them now !

The little kissing boy and girl are salt and pepper pots that I found in a junk shop , they are now safely installed on my dresser shelf.


The kitchen table covered in treasures from our trips including some lovely china and glass candlesticks from the gorgeous Rags and Roses shop in Nuneaton where my mum lives. Please give Sue and Chris a visit if you are anywhere nearby as you will receive a very warm welcome. Sue makes beautiful hand made cushions and bunting and Chris makes gorgeous mosaics from broken vintage china. Hopefully they will be making an appearance at our next Northampton Vintage and Home made Fair in the Spring.

Mr C found the lovely Deco tea set on his travels and sadly it has now had to go to our little stall in Brackley. I can't keep everything !

I bought these cute Christmas decorations from Wilkinsons for 80p each having spotted them on Annie's blog (The Felt Fairy).

This lovely tray was also from Rags and Roses and will probably find it's way to our Brackley stall.

Mr C painted an old frame and framed my Christmas classroom poster. This is now up on our wall, the first nod to Christmas so far in the house.

Finally this is the gorgeous snugly blanket my mum bought me from her local Dunelm shop. I saw it on Bellas Country blog and thought it would be just right for snuggling on the sofa in this chilly weather.


22 comments:

bellaboo said...

Glad you've got the Ditsy blanket..so soft isn't it? How funny..I have the salt and pepper boy/girl too! I found mine in an antique shop in Norfolk.Love those dog decorations..a bargain at 80 pence! Had a trip to Lewes today and found a few treasures too,which I will blog about next week. :0)

VINTAGE HEART said...

HI Annie,its me! Your bottom of the box doggie is vey like one i have got, lucky find. I AM OFF TO wilkingsons ,ho yes I am, dont stop me, I need some of the doggie decorations, yes need !!!!!They are lovely, i will be gutted if they have sold out as I cant get there till Thurday,thanks for posting about them , back soon ,have a grat week Linda x x

Vintage Tea Time said...

ooh, love those little grey dogs - they're my favourite breed. Must go to Wilko's. Love your little mohair dog too! Have a good week!

Janet said...

Will have to get me some of those felt dog decs ! New york is fabulous at Christmas -the decs are to die for ! thank you for the rummage through your stuff !

sharie said...

I love the christmas tree dogs. What a great idea..... wonder if they have one for my breed?
Got to go and check!

Tabbyroo said...

A lovely selection of goodies, love the vivid floral image on the tray, hope its going well for you in Brackley Linda xx

Jenny at Red House said...

You are really good at finding bargains and also passing them on to all of us! thanks! jennyx

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Ann, all I can say is wow! Your little terrier is adorable.The little felt dog decorations are just the cutest. I love it all, Tamara x

Andi's English Attic said...

*Squeeeeeee!* I lOVE the mohair dog. I WANT the mohair dog. He's lovely.
Yup, I spotted the dog christmas decorations in Wilkinsons, too. Got a couple, of course. xx

Anonymous said...

what a lot of lovely things I like the blanket turns out there is a dunelm not too far from me maybe I'll treat myself to one if they still have them, it looks so snugly and the little doggie decorations are so cute
xx fee

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

The new dog looks very pleased with his new home. Love the snuggly blanket x

Susan said...

Hi Ann!! Your little mohair dog is so cute!! I love all your stuff, and the blanket is to die for !!

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

Hi Ann, I love the vintage children's poster. It must be hard to decide what to keep. SueXXX

The Cloth Shed said...

Off to Wilkinsons too for those doggy decorations.....thanks for the tip off!
Julie x

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

What a busy lady you have been again, keep up the good work. Love the dog but won't Josh have his nose put out if you keep bringing in all those waifs and strays.
Debbie

sylviesgarden said...

Blimey, so many fabulous things!
I really love the 2 dogs in the 1st picture. I would love to find something similar, they are adorable.
x

Unknown said...

loving the little dog he reminds me one of my nan had. Lovely post so many beautiful things. Dee x

LissyLou said...

ooo how cute are the kissing boy and girl??
they remind me of a little kissing elf set i am in the middle of painting xx

Ticking stripes said...

Gosh you have been busy. Mental note to visit Wilkos. I love the frames Mr C has been painting and you have some great suggestios for other places to cvisit - once the snow has cleared. That'll be March then!

Hesta Nesta said...

Love the deco tea set and the doggy felt decorations. I will be paying Rags and Roses a visit as it isn't that far away.
Jo xx

Used-to-Bees said...

I'm not normally a 'doggy' sort , but the mohair dog and the Wilkinsons decorations are all so cute! Lovely post with lots to look at - thanks!

melanie said...

Love all your new buys, isnt the ditsy blanket really soft and snuggly, I love it :) xxx