Thursday 10 November 2011

Lull Before The Storm

Things are fairly quiet here at the moment but I can sense the hectic build up to Christmas will very soon be upon us. The house has started to feel quite cosy, we have had a few log fires and I have started trying out some of the festive scented Yankee candles that have just appeared in the shops.

The garden is looking horrendous especially now the chickens have made it their own. However there are still a few flowers brightening things up and I always bring a few indoors to enjoy.

Mr C has been busy preparing for the fairs and renovating various pictures and pieces of furniture. These frames were a boot sale find some time ago. They were dark brown wood and falling apart. I wouldn't have looked twice at them but Mr C knew they could be repaired and that some light paint would show off their pretty detailing.

They still had their original old mounts and just needed the right pictures to set them off.

I remembered that I had these two original Victorian chromolithographs waiting for the right frames and they fitted perfectly. These will come along to a fair with us or find their way to our stand at Brackley Antiques Cellar.

The Christmas build up starts in just over a week's time on Saturday 19th with our second vintage fair in Market Harborough. We are both really looking forward to this as the venue is great and we had a lovely day last time.

The next day we are having a stall at the Winslow Festive Fair which will be good fun but means I will be pretty exhausted by the time I have to go back to work on the Monday morning.

The following Saturday Mr C is having a stall at another fair very local to us. There will be a range of antiques and vintage goodies on offer including some furniture and clothes.

Before we know it we will be in to December and we will be preparing for our Christmas vintage fair in Northampton. This will be our 7th fair at St Matthews in Northampton and we are supporting a local charity by donating raffle prizes for their own fundraising event the following day.



If you are free next Saturday the 19th please pop along to The Three Swans in Market Harborough and say hello, you will be made very welcome.







6 comments:

*Susycottage* said...

Hello Annie,
if I could come to the fair
I would be there with one foot!
I'll give you his best wishes, sell many things.
Have a nice weekend
Susy x

ted and bunny said...

good luck with the fair!

The beauty of chooks is that you won't have any slugs or bugs in the garden...but alas you won't have any flowers either! (still, they're worth it!)

Have a good weekend
x

Unknown said...

Your home is looking lovely and cosy. good luck at all the fairs..wow you are going to be busy. dee x

MelMel said...

I love the Christmas Yankee Candles too.....using my last fresh smelling one, it's called water garden, actually someone gave it to me....which was good of them.....:>)

Love the little terrier ornament....he/she is so sweet!

Melx

bellaboo said...

I envy you having a real fire.Our gas flame effect one has just broken down,so we don't even get to pretend we've got a real one anymore! Hope the fair's go well.I would be there for sure if I lived nearer.I love all the Xmas ones. :0)

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

I love the Winter scented candles and with the lights off and an open fire - or in our case a log burner - lit what could be nicer. Ny goodness you do have a busy wekend ahead of you, two fairs in two days. If I don't see you before see you at Market Harborough on Saturday