Friday 2 April 2010

Happy Easter !



Happy Easter Everyone, I thought I would share a few pictures of my Eastery bits and bobs in my kitchen.



There seems to be a bit of a duck and chicken theme going on !



For the first time in ages I did some baking a couple of days ago and made some scrummy cup cakes. The carrot cupcakes with orange were delicious and very easy to make. My friend at work had brought some in for us to try and copied me the recipe from her magazine.



Now, these little lavender chicks arrived in the post yesterday in their own little basket sitting on their nest on top of a pile of pastel coloured mini eggs. Carol is a lovely lady who had a stall at our Easter Vintage And Home Made Fair a few weeks ago. She makes these cute chickens filled with lavender from cheerful Cath Kidston fabrics. These were a lovely Easter surprise present that cheered me up at the end of a difficult day.



Recently I bought a 1930s scrapbook full of wonderful scraps. These are just a few of the Spring/Easter themed ones but I will show you some more in future posts. I haven't decided what to do with it yet because the actual album is falling apart.















Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

18 comments:

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

Wow, what lovely images and scrummy cakes to!
Tracey

renaissance said...

What a lovely collection, happy Easter

melanie said...

Yum, lovely cakes. I love your Easteris crockery, so cheery and happy looking. xxx

ted and bunny said...

I love it all. . .I want it all!
I just ADORE the scrap book, the colours are perfect aren't they.
Happy Easter x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I love your Easter post, very pretty items you have. Those cakkes... they look delicious!

Have a lovely Easter
Warm wishes
Isabelle x

Kissed by an Angel said...

What a delightful post! So pretty!
Have a very happy Easter.
xxxx

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Hi Ann

Happy Easter to you all. Now I showed you what to do with the scrap book, you just have to be brave.....The cakes look lovely where on earth did you get the time to bake.
Debbie

Vintage from the Village said...

What lovely things you have !
Best wishes
Sue x

Lisa said...

Such pretty scraps in that bbok, what a lovely find.
Hope you have a great Easter.
Lisa x

Andi's English Attic said...

The scrap book is very interesting, but my vote goes to the wonderful tin with the picture of the duck about to steal the little boy's biscuit. It made me smile.
Of course, the cakes look yummy, too! xx

Country Style Living said...

The scrapbook is lovely. Very colourful post. The cakes look delicious....Happy Easter

Thecraftytrundler said...

What a lovely Easter post! Everything looks so pretty & perfect for Easter!
Those cakes look tasty!! Just fancy one now!!

Have a lovely Easter!

Sharon xx

Sandies' Patch said...

Cakes! Yummy!
The '30's scrapbook is wonderful, I particularly like the pic of the little girl with the watering can, I'm sure my mum had one similar hanging in our hallway when I was growing up. She also had a Mabel Lucy Attwell print, I wish I knew what had happened to them!
Have a Happy Easter!

Sandie xx

Sarah said...

Love all the images - and the cakes look especially scrummy! Happy Easter!

VINTAGE HEART said...

Hi, just dropping in to wish you a happy Easter and say I adore all you vintage Easter bits and bobs! Specialy loved the top picture of children and blossom, you have great taste in "things!" You are such a lucky girl going to country living fair ,I am green with envey....I have all ways wanted to go . I have evey sinle country living ever published right from the first one, and adore all things country ,vintage living, any way best wishes,Linda.

sarah-jane down the lane said...

I simply love the image of the little girl watering the cottage garden, so pretty, and such a lovely painting!

Happy Easter,

Sarah x

LissyLou said...

what lovely things ....i love the top pic x

Maisey's Attic said...

Hi - so nice to find your blog - l've had a lovely time looking at things in your shop. Hope you and your daughter have some good days out - roll on summer holidays!! - xxx