Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Fair Is Coming !








Only a couple of days to go until the Northampton Easter Vintage and Home Made Fair on Saturday. The next few days are going to be pretty hectic getting everything ready and we are feeling a mixture of excitement and anxiety. Fingers crossed the sun will shine and we are as busy as last time. I thought I would give you a little preview of some of the vintage lovelies I am sorting through ready to go on my stall. But first I wanted to show you my lovely shelves that I found in Stamford on my birthday trip out last week. They are covered in very chippy paint and really need a coat of paint but I couldn't wait to get them up so Mr C kindly put them up on the newly painted landing.


Pretty Spring colours

1920s/30s vanity set in it's original floral box

Summery cottage garden florals

tea time-- biscuit tins and tea cups

this lovely child's size eiderdown has found a home with me but needs a wash and freshen up on the washing line



Mother's Day presents from my lovely girl. The tins have already been put to good use in the kitchen and the gorgeous hydrangea is brightening up my hearth. The little Goebels skier salt shaker was a bargain from ebay and I couldn't resist him.
Hope to see lots of you at the fair on Saturday.










15 comments:

LissyLou said...

I hope everything goes well and you have a lovely time xx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Sounds like a fun fair. I am very jealous!

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

HI there
Having seen your lovely spring themed purchases I hope that my stall will be as pretty.
See you soon
Tracey

Kissed by an Angel said...

Good luck at the weekend!! I hope everything goes well!! Lovely Mothers Day pressies!!!
xxxx

Lisa said...

Hope all goes well. You'll be so busy as you have such wonderful things to sell.
Lisa x

ted and bunny said...

I just love ALL the things in these pics- especially the shelves!
Good luck at the fair, wish it wasn't quite so far away...
Elaine

Andi's English Attic said...

Have a great time at the fair. xx

Thecraftytrundler said...

Not long now, can't wait to see all the other stalls, and have a piece of cake!!

Sharon xx

vintage flair1 said...

Good luck at the weekend!
You have some gorgeous thing's to take with you,I wish I was able to get.
Take care, and enjoy the weekend.
Bridie x

Unknown said...

I am sure your time at the fair will be wonderful! I hope so. You have such a good eye for lovely things! Gorgeous quilt! suzie. xxx

Pennyblossoms said...

Ooo-nearly time...v. excited...can't wait!
Good luck for tomorrow, Zoe x

Tinyholder said...

You've got some lovely things there.

Sandies' Patch said...

Hi,
Lovely to see you at the fair today!
I hope it was a success for you!
Next time I will come on my own, sis was grumpy for most of the day due to the journey!

Best wishes,

Sandie xx

rosinagrey said...

The fair had a lovely atmosphere but i suspect the weather put some people off also the last one was near to Christmas. The stalls looked lovely and there were some delightful people to talk to.
mumxx

melanie said...

How did it go then, I hope you had a wonderful time.:) xxx