Wednesday 17 February 2010

Rainy Tuesday


On Tuesday I went here with my lovely girl.






Yes you guessed, we had a day out in London and we visited that shop that we all know and love. We went to Northcote Rd in Clapham and visited the branch of Cath Kidston there as well as the Living Vintage shop Hen has often posted about in her blog HenHouse
. We enjoyed a yummy lunch in one of the local cafes and had a browse around a couple of antique shops and the very enticing Cabbages and Roses shop. I treated myself to a couple of things in CK, no excuses really other than it doesn't seem right to go all that way and come back empty handed !
I have had my eye on this lovely green cardigan and the great tiddlywink necklace for a while. The bag is really handy to keep folded in your handbag as a spare shopping bag, I have another one in the Birthday design and use it all the time for my charity shop finds I unexpectedly come across.



Most of the day was like this, very, very wet and rainy... but we didn't let that stop us. After the weather we braved in New York just before Christmas this was nothing . Unfortunately it wasn't the weather for outdoor photos so I didn't manage to take any to share with you of Northcote Rd. The pictures on Hen's blog are great so you can always have a peek there.


We popped in to Anthropolgie for a little browse. There were lots of lovely things as always but the things I picked up were all very expensive so sadly had to be left behind. This was the display of bed linen, you can't really tell from the photo but they were in an old wooden rowing boat suspended from the ceiling.



We had to visit here to keep our energy levels up ! We tried the new Hummingbird Bakery on Wardour Street which was fine but not as pretty as the Portobello Rd shop.




Here's the remains of what we brought home, a pretty vanilla cup cake, the scrummy red velvet cake and of course some chocolate cake.


Hope you are all having a lovely week .


9 comments:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS GOODIES!!!
Looks like you had a fab day out!
Loving the London cath mug too!
Hugs
Annie x

bellaboo said...

What a great day out,despite the weather! I'll have to make a trip up to town one of these days...I feel I'm missing out!Love your buys from CK.

Bellaboo :0)

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

Hi,what a lovely trip, I am planning a similar one with my mum, because as you know I do not have a lovely daughter that shares my vintage genes!
Tracey

harmony and rosie said...

Ooh, you've been to my old stamping ground - we used to live just off the Northcote Road. Love the CK green cardy you bought. I haven't yet been to Anthropologie so will definitely have to do that this Spring.

Kate

Kissed by an Angel said...

What a lovely day you had!!! CK will brighten the most horrible weather!!!
xxxx

Lisa said...

I'm getting so fed up with the rain, but a trip to CK is worth braving it for!
The necklace is so pretty.
Lisa x

LissyLou said...

what a lovely day!!!

so jealous....the things you got from CK are on my want list!!

xx

oldflowers4me said...

ooooohhh how i wished id shopped around london with you girls..is that an apple green cardigan....aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh how divine..have you ever been to the shop story...

Unknown said...

how lovely! You have made me want to go now so badly! suzie. xxx